Townsend Rental Department specializes in end-to-end management of single-family homes. We manage homes in Cumberland County, and the near portions of Hoke and Harnett counties. We understand that for most people, their home is their most valuable investment. Our goal is to be your representative for the home in all matters relating to the tenant, and to protect your investment as if it were ours.
Members of the Rental Department are not sales agents who also manage rental property. Rental management is all we do. However, we are part of a great company with excellent sales agents. If you need the services of a sales agent in the Sales Department, click here
A major question homeowners have is how soon we will find a qualified tenant for their home. In truth, there is not a standard answer, because market forces are constantly changing. What is known is that a home in great condition at a reasonable price rents more quickly than other homes. We are always happy to discuss with owners how to prepare homes for rent. If you would like to discuss your situation, please call 910-323-8666, toll free 866-349-8224, or provide your contact information here.
- Credit Report
- Criminal Report
- Prior Evictions
- Income and employment verification
- Prior residency history
- Sex offender
- Terrorist data base
- Contractor invoices with owner statements
- Repairs as needed
- Periodic inspections
- Full move-out inspections
- Thorough “make ready” actions to prepare homes to rent
- We monitor an emergency cell phone 24/7 for maintenance issues.
Marketing your property
- Review of marketing history of similar homes and current market conditions for proper pricing.
- Recommending changes in your home to make the home more marketable.
- Advertising on multiple websites using multiple photos, a description of the property, and directions to the home.
- Yard signs
- Marketing to and cooperating with other Realtors; in the showing of your home.
- Applications are taken online.
- Leases may be executed at the office, online, or by fax.
Owner Payments and Statements
- We use a secure, online accounting program.
- Each owner can view, download and print their statement at will.
- Owners receive a 1099 form at year end for tax preparation.
- Owners are paid by direct deposit on the 10th business day of the month.
Rent Collection and Evictions
- We insist on timely rent payment.
- We act promptly when rent is not paid.
- When necessary, we handle the entire eviction process.
- Eviction actions are taken the same month the tenant is late paying rent.
- We use leases approved jointly by the North Carolina Bar and the North Carolina Association of Realtors. The Addendum has been reviewed and approved by attorneys.
- Leases are updated as needed to stay compatible with changes in the law.
- Leases incorporate the terms, covenants, and restrictions of the property.
- Upon acceptance, a binder fee is taken to reserve the property.
- Security deposit and pro-rated rent are taken prior to occupancy.
- Security deposits are held in a non-interest bearing trust account.
I NEED PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
If you would like us to talk with you about managing your residence, please click on the link REQUEST FOR MANAGEMENT, complete the form and hit the submit button. We will contact you the next business day. We are glad you chose to enjoy the benefits of ownership of a rental property without the day-to-day responsibilities management of it requires. We look forward to discussing our services with you.